The voice of the brand is the tool by which the company creates a connection with the clientele. The voice of the brand is reflected in any communication with the client, even if it is a description of the company on its resource, website, publications and discussions on forums in social networks, blog posts. You can call it the soul of the brand, its communication style, character. An important aspect to understand is that brand voice is the connection between the customer and the brand itself. He can’t sell anything directly.
When building a brand, a logo is required. It can be made at Turbologo.
Reasons for creating a brand voice
Several reasons can be identified:
- assistance in expressing the main values, virtues and purpose of your company;
- creating a brand face that inspires confidence;
- creation of a special, corporate style of communication;
- it helps to stand out among the mass of competitors, to distinguish itself from the mass market.
If you watch large-scale brands that invest a huge amount of money, you can notice the tone of voice in them, and as clearly as possible, this, as it turned out, is of great importance.
A creative team can participate in creating a voice, it comes out quite realistically and organically. Thus, the connection between them is advantageously immersed in society.
Brand Voice Challenge
- The voice speaks about itself, about the company, what it does, its direction, how long it exists, the workforce, the bosses;
- familiarization with the values and culture of the brand itself, in order for the visitor to feel the atmosphere of arrival;
- present a range of goods for sale to customers;
- direct the client to the site, clickability, data entry;
- give valuable information so that the client wants to come back again;
- response to the client’s comments and feedback, without leaving him unnoticed or ignored.
What are brand voices?
The voice of the brand does not depend on what this or that company does. You should drop all stereotypes about seriousness and dry communication with customers, without a formal style. But, of course, it is necessary to adhere to certain standards and rules. Some organizations, including banks, financial institutions, law firms. There, customers expect a different tact of communication from them, but adding a little friendliness will not be superfluous. Laughing together at a humorous publication will create trust and human connection, a good impression of the leadership. The client will know that robots are not everywhere, there are living, sincere people. But this aspect does not always work. If you are the owner of a creative agency, humor simply does not fit here. And if it is, then the client will feel false and unnatural, which is always striking and repulsive. And again, a friendly tone is always relevant and appropriate. This is the most demanded and popular instrument in the voice of the brand.
Varieties of brand voice
- Insipid style is a bunch of stamps and not a single hint of living creatures. Surprisingly, these texts are perceived by many as habitual, ordinary and adequate. Most of the Internet is filled with such texts, in particular on the pages of industrial enterprises, state-run companies, and small business sites. The reason for the company’s low budget is either hiring cheap editors or not knowing about quality writing. The reader wants to read something useful from the entire set of letters, he should be hooked. To do this, you need to experiment, include provocations and humor.
- Friendly style – the most popular and relevant today. It is used by a large number of companies and enterprises. The main feature is his tone, loyalty and courtesy to the client. Responding at the same time, even to the negative, with exceptional courtesy. Such companies strive to be friends with the client, creating social polls, being interested in their opinion and advice.
- Humorous style – this is not an easy task. Marketers and designers need to try on funny posts and publications. To do this, you need your own and unique style in communication. With this style, humor is also preserved in commenting on posts, answering jokingly and cutely. It is extremely difficult to find specialists with such a gift. The disadvantage of this style is that all people are different and not everyone will like this tone. Here you need to do everything in moderation, without crossing the boundaries of what is permitted.
Communication on hype. There are also companies that follow provocations, if only everyone would talk about them. Use obscene language, flashy titles and posts. But this look won’t last long.
How to create a brand voice? What should you pay attention to?
- Work with clients. You need to conduct an analysis or a survey from which you will understand what people associate your brand with.
The target audience. Values, perception of humor, age of clients, all these are important arguments.
- Creating a client character using an avatar will help you get closer to the client.
- Observation of communication between clients in various forums, groups. This way you will know which style to choose.
- Pay attention to your competitors. If communication is active in social networks, then the style of communication is chosen correctly. But you should not resort to copying, you need to unify the style.
The style of the voice can be played on the site using thematic colors, unusual fonts, logos and all sorts of elements of your own corporate identity. You can also highlight your style with illustrations, a creative menu, and animation. Properly selected graphics and text to it can create miracles and magic. The voice of the brand will help to gain the interest and trust of the client. Turbologo will help you visualize a quality brand voice. Get in touch soon! We are always ready to help you!